Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Church Dinner Line

The Preacher Man and I have the same viewpoint in many areas and situations.


We both prefer a booth over a table.
We both like sweet tea.
We both love church.
We both want to get fit.
We both are friendly-people.
We both like to give our Sissy-girl our spare change for her piggy bank.

But there is one area in which we highly disagree on.


The. Church. Dinner. Line.

I like to quickly get in line before all the good stuff is gone, before everyone has spread their germs across the wide-variety of food, and before all the children poke and touch the desserts. However, being the good Preacher Man that he is, he waits until THE VERY last person goes through the line before he gets his plate.

This often means all the deviled eggs are usually gone (his fav). The salads and casseroles have all been stirred around so much it's hard to make out what they are. All the white meat turkey is gone. The only hot rolls left, are the squished ones. And, once you're plate is filled it's hard to find a place for us all to sit together.


And, being the good First Lady of the church that I am....
I wait to go through the line side-by-side with my husband.

I know this post sounds like a pity party. But I am actually not complaining. I am bragging.

I have the sweetest most thoughtful man in all the world. He always puts others before himself. He looks to the needs of others before even considering his own. He would go without so someone could be with. He is the kindest man, not only when he's in his Preacher suit, but every day of the week.


Thanks Preacher Man, you're one of a kind.

5 comments:

  1. Speaking of germs, I need to e-mail you about something. You woulda died. I almost did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your list above would pretty much match me and my hubby!!! Oh and by the way I HATE pot lucks. I call them pot o faith because you never know what your going to get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man - I'm all about the front of the line and the deviled eggs. For realsies.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answer my texts for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous20/12/09

    Love your post! I totally know what you are talking about. I remember those church dinners that foods run out. I felt so bad for those who "did without" their favorite. That is why everyone should bring double! lol

    ReplyDelete