I am a firm believer in waiting to "Deck the Halls" until after Thanksgiving. Now this may be the evening of or the next day...but never before Thanksgiving Day. After a super-duper busy week we came home and started putting up our Christmas decor.
It's SO different this year, decorating with a toddler. Last year we were in the moving process so we didn't even get to put up a tree. So, as I began to get everything out this year I realized that we are going to have to replace some of the breakables. Sparkly breakable items do not do well with a toddler, too eye-catching, too tempting, and too dangerous.
So, Saturday night we broke out the Jackson 5 Christmas album on vinyl and spread reds and golds all over our hacienda. Although we didn't quite get finished I do have a few pictures to show you. These are pretty hilarious if you ask me.
As I was decorating I noticed Ruthie Jane slipped off in her room and she brought back an item that was her daddy's during the youth ministry days. She plays with it now. She carefully sat it down on one of our end tables. I guess this is her contribution to the Christmas decor.
And, this is the Preacher Man's contribution. I had to break the news to him that Ruthie Janes singing Christmas toys DO NOT double as decor. I think he understands.

Yay for decorating for Christmas! I, too, try (keyword TRY) to wait until the day after THanksgiving to put up decor. We got our tree on Friday and the house is kind of decorated but also a disaster area. Hopefully we can get it cleaned up tonight! Good luck keeping Ruthie Jane out of everything!
ReplyDelete~Kathryn
I have an adorable picture of Aaron adding a little figure of E.T. to our Nativity set one Christmas. He was about 2 and 1/2. What I did when Katie was little: I bought a Veggie Tales Nativity Set that she could play with and set up under the tree or whatever. She loved it and it gave her the sense of being involved.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the rest of your decor! :)
ReplyDeleteOne of the items we love to have out at Christmas time at our house is a plastic nativity. Some of the pieces are a little chewed by either a dog or baby but still we enjoy it and don't have to worry about it being breakable. Little people have a set out now that I would love to have but not willing to give up the 40 dollars that it cost.
ReplyDeleteYou know why hubby uses lame decor for his contribution, don't you? It is so you will eventually stop asking him to 'help'.
ReplyDeleteMy husband learned that very early in our 25 year marriage. LOL Now his only job it to bring up the tree and boxes of decor from the basement and leave me alone. LOL
So great to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. AND can you fix this 45 year old woman's layout to look as sweet as yours??? Mine needs major help~~