This year for Christmas the Preacher Man's family decided to do gifts a little differently. As I have already expressed in a previous post he has a rather large immediate family. In the past we have tried to buy for each person individually. This my friends, gets very costly. We also tried to draw names, that went pretty good. But, this year we are changing it up a bit more. We have decided that each family will make a Christmas themed basket and we would draw numbers to see which basket our family would take home.
I had great plans for my Christmas basket. Although the limit is $25, I was determined to make it the best $25 bucks I had ever spent. However, now that our Christmas plans have changed a bit and the family
will have to do the exchange without us, I had to kick my basket into high gear in order to get it to the exchanging location. Although we will only miss the exchange by a few days we had to get it done almost three weeks before previously planned. So, I thought I would give you a sneak peak at our basket. I am anxious to see what the rest of the family came up with for theirs!
Remember the rules were:
-It must be Christmas themed
- $25 maximum of spending
We ended up doing a Christmas Movie Family Night basket.
I included a few fantastical Christmas ornaments ...

Some goodies like you would get at the movies...
Popcorn, cracker jacks, and movie style candy.

More fun boxes of candy...

More ornaments...

And, there you have it friends. A Christmas themed basket. All the goodies are
surrounding and poking out of a
miniature Christmas tree. I would loved to have had the time to pack it full of all the
homemade goodies I had
originally planned (candy apple jelly, fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, etc.) But, I am very pleased at the way our basket turned out. I can't wait to see creative one we receive in return!
How cute, Amber! I LOVE the ornaments. Where did you get them from?
ReplyDeleteCute idea! :)
ReplyDelete