Thursday, January 7, 2010

Changes

I have been putting of this posting adventure because I have needed to do a major Christmas/New Years picture post. However, every time I get on to upload m y bazillion pictures something goes wrong. So, for now I GIVE UP!

I am moving on...

I am way past date on speaking on the changes for a new year, so bear with me!

Baby-weight loss.
This pretty much ONE of my TOP priorities. Ruthie Jane will be two real soon, and I still am carrying around more weight than I ever imagined myself with. I hate it that my old "fat jeans" are my new "skinny jeans." I am currently on a very strict lifestyle change, and don't plan on letting up any time soon.

DC '10
I know, it used to be titled DC '09....but I ran out of time! However, it is well underway and I have already made a few trips to drop off my clutter at our local Goodwill Donation Center. I will show you pictures soon!

Bedroom
You see when you live in parsonages, each one is different. It takes time to figure out the quirks to each one. We have discovered that our current home has one bedroom that is heated/cooled WAYYY better than the others. Last year we claimed the Guest Bedroom as our Winter Home and moved back into the Master Bedroom during the summer. This year we have decided just to all out move furniture. It's kind of exciting.

Bible Study
I love to study God's Word. I love to find new treasures. I love to mark on the pages of my Study Bible, it's like a journey. I love to look back and see the many ways the Lord has spoken to me through His Word. This year I plan to get back to that. I spend time in God's Word daily. However, sometimes it may be a short devotional by Billy Graham, or a quick scripture reading. But I want to dig deep into God's Word. I want to be changed by His never-ending truths. I want to know Him more. This IS my TOP priority for the new year.

Kitchen
This year I want to step out of my normal cooking routine. I want to strap on my apron and try some new recipes. I want to "wow" my Preacher Man with new cuisine, because I am pretty sure he is getting tired of the same ol' country style home cookin'.

Friendships
I want to be a better friend. I want to reconnect with my dear friend and make more of an effort to spend time with that lovely gal. I want to make new friendships, which is one of the hardest things about being a Preacher Man's wife. We are surronded by LOTS of people. I come in contact with many women. But, at the end of the day it's all surface conversation. I want to find that girlfriend and I can call anytime/anyday and have no reservations about just having fun!

Preacher Man
I want to encourage him more.
I want to stand by his side more.
I want to be a better listener.
I want to be selfless.

Ruthie-girl
I want to be patient. I want to direct her strongwilled mindset in the right way. I want to spend more time laying the foundations of God's Word for her through conversation, prayer, and scripture memorization.


Dear friends, I am sure this list could go on and on.
If I haven't lost you already, join me in this new year.
A fresh start.
A new year and a lot to accomplish!

5 comments:

  1. Those are all awesome goals for the year! Many of them I am reaching for myself. Praying and believing this is going to be a very productive and blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! You can do it and you have a whole year to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/1/10

    what great goals. I too am on the lovely weight loss goal. I have actually done good this week. I just need to stick it out! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're on your way to being an even better AMBER! Which seems impossible, because you are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/1/10

    Love your blog! Looking forward to reading your accomplishment updates!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete