Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break '10: Our Food

Food is always a highlight of a getaway. It's always fun to find new resturants and try new things. I haven't always had that mindset until the Preacher Man came along. I am one of routine. I like to stay in my comfort zone. However, the Preacher Man is quite opposite. He enjoys trying off-the-wall things just for the experience. We have a lot of fun. When we are on vacation or any type of getaway we make our best effort to not eat at any place we can get back home. This is sometimes a challenge but a fun one!

So, to kick things off I had my first EVER room service experience. I was very hesitant to use this option because it is ridiculously expensive. But our first morning in the hotel the Preacher Man left bright and early to be at the hospital for the surgery. We knew he would be waiting there all day until the surgery was over and he could see the patient in the recovery room. So, we only had a few options.... Order room service or walk around downtown until we found some grub. If you know me, you know the second option really isn't an option at all. I am an overly paranoid small town girl who would never in her right mind walk anywhere downtown without her protective Preacher Man by her side.

So...I order a $20 omelet. Yep, ridiculous I know. We did get fruit, toast, and some extras as you can see below. But, I seriously make better omelets at home. Again, a new experience.






RJ's favorite part...the baby ketchup bottle.

Our next adventure was a new Italian place. A darling couple at our church not only recommended that we try this place out but they bought our meal too! It's specialty was the imported cheesecake straight from NYC's Carnegie Deli. I was incredible. The main course was excellent too. I would definitly go there again! Sorry no pics of the food. Only the sign. I know, I slacked.



We also had some cheesecake from the one and only Cheesecake Factory. Now, we had tried this place many times but we don't one near where we live. And, we never order the same thing twice on the menu. It's so large there are so many options! So after our asian meal of Carmel Chicken we indulged in the sweetness of their current selection:
Stefanie's Red Velvet Cheesecake

Absolutly incredible. My new favorite.
Well for today anyway....

That pretty well wraps up our exciting food. The other foods we ate were from the zoo or Cracker Barrel. Another tradition, Preacher Man HAS TO HAVE breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Now, are you hungry?

5 comments:

  1. $20 omelet? Yowza Mcozerpants!!! Oh and I am with you. That is my FAVORITE cheesecake at CF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love holiday stories! I love the idea of room service but there is never really a proper palce to eat it in the room.

    come see me at secretwifelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! Found your blog while out blog hoppin'. Just wanted to say hi and became a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this food talk is getting me VERY hungry. I wish we had a Cheesecake factory nearby. I love the Adam's Peanut Butter Cup one! Yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. drooling... did you say cheese cake factory :D I'm glad you made some new family memories!

    ReplyDelete