Monday, May 17, 2010

Dirty Dillards

One of my favorite things to do is shop the Clearance racks. Pretty well, if it isn't one sale I don't buy it. Unless of course it is a rare occasion in which I am desperate for something new. I love to buy things at a fraction of the retail cost, thinking someone ACTUALLY paid full price for it. However, one thing that I look for above all else is the quality. I don't buy cheap, just to buy cheap. And, when it comes to clothes quality is what I am most concerned about.

I love Dillards. Dillards to me has a great quality of clothes. Now, my pocket book doesn't always match up to the Dillard's suggested retail price, so I wait...for a sale. In the last few years the Preacher Man and I have found a few Dillards CLEARANCE stores. Yes, I said clearance. And, this is where we buy ALL of our clothes. The Preacher Man shops the Big N' Tall section, and if you know anything about that, it gets pricey FAST! But, not at what we like to call "Dirty Dillards."

Now, when I say "dirty" it's not that the clothing has been used or is dirty in any way. It's just a quick name we like to call the Clearance Dillard's. Everything in a Dirty Dillards has been marked down, and down again. And, sometimes you even get to take another percentage off. It's incredible.

So, I want to share just a few items that I purchased this last weekend...


I love to wear things like this. I know, it will probably be fall before I can put it to use, but it was a must have!


I found this item in the "Designer" section. I have no idea who in their right mind would buy it full price at $435.00 but I barely paid over $40. The price you see I still received 30% off of it.
This is another fun little designer purchase. Orginally $89.00, I paid $14.


The best buy of the day.
This designer skirt.
Orginally $108.00
Marked $5.99
A little over $4!!


It's beautiful on.
I love it!


Another fun Preacher Wife jacket.

Again, desinger brand.
Orginally $538.00
I paid a little over $40.00


This is just a tip of the iceburg when it comes to the amount of clothes we purchased. When I got home I pulled out my calculator and added up every item orginally priced and it came to over $2,000! We paid barely over $400. And, again we got a TON of stuff. The Preacher Man bought his 1st ever $100 tie, in which we paid $14! My $40 jackets were the biggest ticket item. Everything was slashed incredibly. And, there was such a wide variety of sizes, colors, seasons, etc. I seriously could shop until I dropped there. But, when you have a Preacher Man and a two-year old your on a time limit.

If you've never been to a Dirty Dillards you really should check them out and plan a day to browse!

6 comments:

  1. Waaa? Where is this Dirty Dillards you speak of? I love your finds! I LOVE that you call it Dirty Dillards too. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need some more information on where I can go to a Dirty Dillards my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those jackets are amazing!! How rich would you have to be to spend $500 on a jacket at Dillards?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece shops at one in Texas only they call it Junque Dillards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to say where these places are!!! I am all excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you go girl! thats awesome! Thats how my momma taught me how to shop!

    ReplyDelete