Last week we joined in on some small town fun. Our neighboring town had their annual festival, which brings in fair food, carnie rides, and vendors of all sorts. The local area churches move thier services for Wednesday evening to attend the Gospel Singing night festivities. So, last Wednesday evening was a night of fried food and lots of fun!
Last year I was out of town for the festival, so this year was my first year to attend. I must admit I was a little giddy about fair food coming to our town. It was everything I could have dreamed of...
Here's a shot of our fair buddies:
And, here is our food:
I chose the classic Corn Dog.
It was mighty tasty.
My friend Kathy had been talkin' up the Tater Twirls.
The Preacher Man renamed them the Tater Twisters.
They too were a delightful mess.
The PreacherMan ALWAYS opts for the weird food.
And, last but certainly not least...
Deep Fried Twinkie.
This didn't sound like anything of my interest. But after I took a bite there was no turning back.
It was in-credible.
We also munched on a few other yummies that I didn't get a picture of...
Blueberry Lemonade
Pork Skins
Chicken on a Stick
It was all in all a great experience.
Tomorrow, we will take a look at the Ruthie Jane's first carnie ride experience....

Yum! I will take an order of Tater Twisters.
ReplyDelete