Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cookie Monster

This week our Women's Ministry team put together some goodie bags for our local authorities. Our police department and Sheriff's department received some homemade goodies to show our appreciation as a local church body. I think this is a very simple way to let them know their hard work is appreciated!

So, Ruthie Jane and I strapped on our aprons and got to baking!
Along with aprons go pony tails and head bands. I know, not so stylish, but remember my fear of foreign objects in food that I deliever? Well, these two hair accessories ease my fear a bit.

Here we are:


Cute pie (before the apron) getting ready to bake!

Her sweet little floured feet.
Who needs a pedicure when you have flour?

Each lady brough their cookies to my house. The Preacher Man sampled each and every one of them and then another lady and I put the bags together!

Here's a sneak peek of what was inside.
The bags packed and loaded.
Ready for delievery!


Each bag of cookies had this label on them.


If  you haven't had the time to thank your local police officers, you really should do so! I appreciate the long hours they put in around the clock to keep us safe!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea. It is always good when the local church gives back to its own community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! We have an amazing police department that really looks out for our church. We need to thank them! Thanks for your example and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! Sometimes the simples things have so much impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing! I need to do this for our local heroes~it would be a fun thing to do with my kids.

    ReplyDelete