Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gimme Five

Just call me Eagle Eye.

This rainy weekend the Preacher Man family had some church errands to run. We made a quick trip to our neighboring state to pick up some resources from a Lifeway Book Store for our upcoming bible studies. We had a terrific start to our journey when my keen sense of green kicked in.

 Before we took off we ran by the dry cleaners to pick up the Preacher Man's suits for Sunday. He only has two suits, and they were both at the dry cleaners. It was very important that we get them and would have been a nightmare if we would have forgotten them! As we began to leave town we stopped at a few stop signs before getting onto the interstate. As we approached a stop sign by a car dealership and a Braum's my eyes recongized what looked like money on the pavement.

I hollered, "WHOAH! Back up!"
The Preacher Man immediatley put the car into reverse without asking any questions.
I said, "IS THAT A FIVE DOLLAR BILL on the road?"
And, "CAN I GET IT!?!"

I jumped out of the car without hesitation and peeled the wet, soggy bill off the pavement. I'm sure the cars passing by thought I had lost my mind. But really I hadn't lost anything. I gained FIVE BUCKS!

I was so glad the Preacher Man was with me because I would have never gotten out of the car to race over to a five dollar bill without him. I was so in shock that I spotted Abraham Lincoln's bill on the asphault, in the rain out of my car window.

Oh, and...
Sorry to the pocket who lost their five bucks.
I would return it, if I knew whose pair of jeans it belongs to.

1 comment:

  1. i love finding money:) esp in pockets or jackets:) or old purses:) your daughter is a doll!! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete