Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Husband Rocks

I used to do a segment every Friday entitled, "My Husband Rocks!" Although, I stopped doing it my Preacher Man didn't stop rocking. In fact, he's the rockin'est rocker that every rocked.

Honestly, I just thought you guys were getting bored with how fabulous my husband is, so I gave it a rest. But, I have to dedicate this post to the Preacher Man. Because lately he's been totally rocking.

Since we have our morning routine in full swing these days the Preacher Man is really in gear. He's the greatest man alive and there is no stopping him. He's so thoughtful it makes my face hurt.

Here is the typical morning in the Preacher Man Parsonage:

-We drag ourselves out of bed, quietly because we don't want Stinker Britches to wake up, a little before 7AM.
-I brew the coffee and get my Bible Study gear lined up on the dining room table.
-The Preacher Man hops on the treadmill to get his heart pumping in the AM.
-I grab a cup of java and begin reading God's Word.
-The Preacher Man hops in the shower to cleanse himself of treadmill germs.

And, this is when it gets good...
As I finish my bible study the Preacher Man starts the morning housework. He started doing this on his own free will. I never made a suggestion, mention of it, or even a slight hint. He just took it upon himself to be as sweet as punch and help me around the house.

-He loads any dishes that are left in the sink overnight.
-He starts the first load of laundry for the day.
-He folds and puts away anything that was left in the dryer.
-He makes the bed.

This has made my heart filled with gratitude.
This sweet Preacher Man, who meets the needs of so many starts the day out with meeting mine.
Yes, I am a housewife.
Yes, I can accomplish these tasks successfully myself.
But, his sweet gesture shines a whole new light on what a wonderful man I have!

Preacher Man, YOU ROCK.
Forever.


This is the dirty side of Preacher Man, mission trip style. :)

5 comments:

  1. Pure awesomeness. He really does rock! =)

    Hey! I have a new blog that I started with a friend of mine! www.dbandmommyhood.blogspot.com.

    I finally took your advice and got back into blogging. I'm excited! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog for a while and I just wanted to say your daughter is adorable and from what you have said about your peacher man he rocks too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! :-) Preacher Man is wonderful! I'm thankful you have such a sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preacha Man needs a showie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes my heart glad to see a godly man leading and serving his family! I've got one pretty helpful preacher man at my house too! I think our Preacher Men would make great friends! :)

    ReplyDelete