Thursday, October 21, 2010

Leftover Lady: Parmesean & Tuscan Herb Chicken

I have mentioned before that if I were ever in the running to be the Next Food Network Star my show would be called the Leftover Lady. I love it when I can put leftover items to good use for a fantastic new meal. I haven't done a post of this sort in a while, but after I accidentally purchased the wrong bag of chips, I knew something had to be done.

You see this bag:


015


It looks very similar to the current favorite bag of chips around our house. Every week I buy a bag of Baked Lays Sour Crem & Onion. The color scheme is nearly the same and I'm sure they must have been sharing a shelf, because I grabbed them up without noticing the flavor.

I made a couple of pastrami sandwichs for lunch one day and as we sat down to eat them, the bag was opened and a horrific smell floated across the table. Yep, these aren't the chips I intended to buy. I knew immediatley that they wouldn't fly with our family. However, trying to make the best we each tried a chip or two. Nope, just not doable.

I picked up the bag pondering whether or not to toss it and a light bulb moment happened.  I thought to myself, "Tomorrow we will have these for dinner."

So, I finely crushed the chips up and then rolled chicken breasts in eggs and dipped them in the crushed chips. I had to roll them a few times in both to have a nice breading. I then pan-fried these babies until slightly brown and then finished them off in the oven.


018

The final result: Parmesean & Tuscan Herb Chicken.


021
Very tasty.
One supermarket mistake.
Turned into a beautiful dinner for this Preacher Man Parsonage Family.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous21/10/10

    I just love reading your blog. I recently added you to my list of followers. Hope you don't mind. I love this post and I might have to try it myself.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21/10/10

    That is too funny! I am a huge believer in using what you've got in the pantry to make creative meals. Don't have ketchup for meatloaf, try teriyaki sauce. Out of rice for porcupine meatballs? Orzo is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go~very creative! I love it when I can come up with creative uses for leftovers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely meal, Mrs. Preacher's Wife! Good job thinking outside of the box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I often wonder about the people who make up potato chip flavours. Very interesting job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off subject... Blog Idea. I would like to know what you do to help your Preacher Man get ready for Sunday morning. Mike has the privelege of preaching tomorrow morning at a church north of our town. I coordinated his outfit, ironed, etc. Then I got to thinking... Wonder what the Preacher Man's wife does!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are a creative cookie! Wish I was that good in the cooking field!

    ReplyDelete