Thursday, November 11, 2010

Back in the Day

Every month our cable company gives us a few free channels to preview for the month hoping that we will upgrade from the basic package to the mega package. Although their attempts are useless we enjoy the free channels. As I was checking out the new channels this month I found some oldie but goodie TV Shows, from way back when.

They are both fantastic and discusting to watch.
Fantastic, because they're hilariously clean.
Discusting, because I realize how FAR left television has gone in the last 15 years.

Here is a look at some of my childhood favorites, in no particular order of course...

Full House.
Every afternoon after school I watched this show.
I absolutely fell in love with the characters. It is one of my all time favorites!
And, when in college I actually got to see Dave Coulier (Joey Gladstone) do his stand-up comedy act.



The Wonder Years.
This show had me hooked at the theme song.
And, I always though Fred Savage was kinda cute too.


Different Strokes.
"What'chou talkin' 'bout Willis?"


The Little House on the Prarie.
Ok, maybe this one is my all time favorite.
I seriously could revert back into these good ol'days.

Star Search.
I dreamed of singing on that stage.


Small Wonder.
Weird show. But, I loved it.
Girl robot who could read fast, Vickie.
Annoying red headed neighbor girl, Harriet.
Boy who lived in the house, Jamie.
Great Show.

Ah, what walk down memory lane.
Thanks for taking this stroll with me.

6 comments:

  1. I had forgotten all about Small Wonder!!! WOW! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They simply don't make shows like these any more. And if they did, sadly...they'd be laughed off of TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun to get extra channels! Like a little treat! I LOVED Full House. I actually cut bangs because I wanted to look like Stephanie so much! I actually never really watched any of the other shows :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/11/10

    Full House was my definite favorite. What about Family Ties? Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about Small Wonder! Loved that show! I think Full House was probably my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE FULL HOUSE!!!!!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete