Friday, February 11, 2011

Grocery Shopping: Preacher Man Style

While we were snowed in I sent the Preacher Man to the grocery store once the roads were driveable. I gave him a list to follow while shopping. Needless to say, he didn't follow it. I was thrilled that he did retrieve everything that was on the list. But, the additional items that he threw into the buggy are decisions that I wish he would have put more thought into.

Exhibt A:   

The Preacher Man came home with not one....
But, SIX $1 packages of the fun sized candy bars.
Did I eat them?
Why, certainly!


Exhibit B:
One small mention of how much I would LOVE to have a bag of Crunchy Cheetos a few days prior landed me with a FAMILY sized bag of Crunchy Cheetos.
Did I eat them?
But, of course!

Exhibit C:


This one, I am actually ok with having around the house. I'm not a fan of the throwback sodas. And, quite frankly I'm not really a fan of pop in general. It burns my throat going down, one sip is enough for me.

I suppose the Preacher Man let it slip the forefront of his mind that we are in "Lose Weight as a Family" mode. These items have not helped my weekly weigh-in status. Thanks Preach! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/2/11

    Everytime I send my husband to the store the same thing happens. I really worry about what he and my son would eat if I weren't around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber, you won the $55 giveaway on my blog! I need to get your email so I can give you the code for your online shopping experience (ha! that sounded so official and nerdy) You can email me at bowlofwedgies@yahoo.com. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I have to know what is throwback mt.dew ??

    ReplyDelete