Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If you were my neighbor...

If you were my neighbor, this is what you would see...



My clothes hanging out to dry
for all the world to see.

The Preacher Man isn't too sure what he thinks of this sight.
He'd rather keep his unmentionables inside and out of direct sunlight.

Hanging my clothes out to dry is a simple pleasure in my life. It's the only thing I requested as we moved to our new house. I just wanted a clothes line. I've never had one before. And, for my birthday this year Pa, a man very dear to my heart crafted me one in his workshop. One of the best birthday gifts I've ever received!

In my opinion, nothing beats drying off with a towel that has been sun-dried. Thanks Pa for making my dreams come true!



4 comments:

  1. LOL! You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a clothesline too!!! And being outside, the freshness of it all! Only if we lived in the country though...I don't need a bird's eye view of someone inspecting my laundry. Hehe...but that's just me.
    I would pretend I was forced to hang the clothes, because it was "back in the day" and then I would come inside and bake bread for my hungry family.

    (I still play pretend, sometimes.)

    Sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I so want a clothesline, too.

    P.S. How is the school thing going? :)

    ReplyDelete