Parsonage life looks a little different theses days. As you know we've relocated to a new yet very familiar town. And, although we still live in a church parsonage it's not in the back yard of the church. It's very unusual for us. We've always lived in a public place, so this is definately a change. A good change that is...
When the Preacher Man and I first married we lived in the back door of a funeral home. I know most of you may think that sounds a little odd, but it's really not. I grew up around the funeral business. My family has owned/operated a funeral home for-ever. So, living there just seemed normal. Normal to me, maybe not the Preacher Man.
After living there for a little while we then found ourselves at our first church parsonage. Our sweet little first home. It was actually a mobile home located in a very rural area. It was a fixer-upper but very dear to my heart. I cozied it up and made it our Home Sweet Home. We lived there for almost a year and then the Lord moved us on...
Our next home was literally out the back door of the church. In fact we were surronded on three sides of the house by a church building. We took only 8 steps from our back door and entered the church. The house had been there for many years and buildings were built all the way around it. We had a teeny tiny yard that the Preacher Man could mow using only a weed eater in fifteen minutes. This home was a nice yet older rock home. I love it here too. It's where we got our first puppy dog. It's the home we brought Ruthie Jane home to. There were many firsts in this home, we lived here almost five years. A home to cherish forever. And, then the Lord moved us on...
This time we moved a great distance from the normal life. We were no longer surronded by our dearest friends and family. Ruthie Jane was ten months old and we were sent hundreds of miles away, alone. We moved into a very nice 3 bedroom brick home. This time we were 30 steps from the church, we seemed to really be getting our space! In this home Ruthie Jane took her first steps and grew from a baby to a big girl. We were blessed with many dear friends in which some of them are now considered our family. The Lord used the nearly 3 years here for much growth in our lives. Again, another cherished home. And, then the Lord moved us on...
This time the Lord brought us back to the same sweet church we served in for almost five years previously. This time we moved into the Pastors' Parsonage. It's located almost four miles from the church. We have a giant yard, fantastic front porch that goes the whole length our home, and a garage. Our first garage. It's strange not looking out a window and seeing a church building. Instead we've seen deer and other beautiful wildlife. Folks, I think I could get used to this!
We are so grateful for the Lord's provision for us throughout the years. I love to look back at the homes we have lived in and relive the sweet memories we have made. Each home, each church, each memory so special to us. We are excited for this new season of the Parsonage Life.
Dad.
4 years ago

I'm so glad you are back:) I know your family must be excited!! Glad you love your new home!!!
ReplyDeleteI want to see a picture of your new home. I am so glad you get to be close to your family again.
ReplyDeleteGood to "hear" from you! Hope you are able to get settled quickly and enjoy the rest of the summer!
ReplyDeleteIt's so interesting to me that all the churches you go to have parsonages. i didn't realize that was still prevalent. What denomination or area of the country are you in? I remember my old out in the country church back in the day had a parsonage but they eliminated it probably 10-15 years ago, and that was the only church that I have really been around that had one! That's a nice blessing. (-:
ReplyDelete~Kathryn
Wow I didn't know you moved! Guess what we did to! We moved from Georgia to Colorado! Where are you now ? Hope your adjusting well!
ReplyDelete