Monday, March 30, 2009

First a wife...

"God,
let me be all he ever dreamed
of loveliness and laughter.
Veil his eyes a bit
because
there are so many little flaws;
somehow, God,
please let him see
only the bride I long to be,
remembering ever after-
I was all he ever dreamed
of loveliness and laughter."
-Ruth Bell Graham


Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in mommying. A one-year-old can be so demanding. Their immediate needs take priority. However, I often have to remind myself that I am a wife too! I was a wife first, but now mommyhood has kicked in. I have such a wonderful husband. He is so understanding, so patient, so kind. I echo the prayer as Ruth Graham says, "Please let him see the bride I long to be".

5 comments:

  1. Good post and good reminder to all the mommy's out there. I'm sure it's easy to get wrapped up in your role and responsibility as mommy. Remind me of this in a few months, k? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous30/3/09

    I am not a mommy yet but this is something that I have thought about... I don't want my hubby to come in 2nd place. Like you said, he was there first then came baby. It is so important to keep a marriage strong through raising children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMBER!!! Hi!!!! I think we all need reminding of that sometimes. I'm so glad you're blogging. Ruthie is a DOLL! See ya at Whitney's shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Amber-
    I'm so glad you're blogging! I always learned more from you than you ever could have learned from me. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous31/3/09

    Amber! Yay! You're on here! That is a very good prayer. I may just have to steal it. All of us mommies need reminding from time to time that we were wives first. Little Ruthie is so so cute! I can't believe she is already 1!

    ReplyDelete