
I love the kitchen. I love to cook. I love to bake.
And, normally I am very good at it. But it seems to me lately that i am having a bit of a problem. This problem is strange.
I can't make good brownies.
I have made good brownies. But I can't consistently make them. I know, I know, all you do is open the box throw in a few eggs and some water and oil and....Wah-Lah.....You've got ooey gooey brownies. But the last few times I've done this they didn't turn out so magically.
They are either undercooked, which is not acceptable.
Or they are overcooked, again, not acceptable.
So, what's the deal?
I do like to throw in a few extras to the brownie mix. I mean just whatever I have on hand. Just some goodies to make them a bit more tasty. Like peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, M & M's, or any other candy-like item that is in arms reach.
Could it be my oven?
Am I just not watching the timing close enough?
Am I just not watching the timing close enough?
Would the pan I bake in have anything to do with it?
What about the brand of Brownie mix I use?
I've never had a dilemia such as this. Anyone got any suggestions?

The oven & the pan DO make a difference! Is everything you're cooking in the oven turning out ok? Do you use the pan to bake other items in?
ReplyDeleteThe only things I could think of were what SB said, the oven and the pan. Mine are usually overbaked b/c I'm afraid they'll be underbaked so I end up keeping them in a little longer...then they're all crumbly when I try to cut them in to squares. I get so frustrated!
ReplyDeleteO wow Amber I can't believe how big your baby is. That is awesome! I think last time I talked to you you just found out you were having a baby. So I guess it's been a while huh? haha. How are things going? Where are you guys going to church? We have been in Germany for 7 months now. We like it pretty well, to far from home tho. We found a little Baptist church to go to. Strang is without a pastor now so keep that in your prayers please. Dad fell off the roof of their barn and hit the cement. He was in a comma for 2-3 weeks and then finally woke up. We didn't think he would make it. He is having to re-learn how to do everything. He is getting to where he can walk some with a walker and his speech is still hard to understand. He has came a long way. We are so thankful to God that he has brought him and our family through this. God is so AMAZING!!! Hope we can keep in touch with this blog thing. It's pretty neat!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, I love brownies.
ReplyDelete