Thursday, July 16, 2009

Facebook

I have grown a great love for Facebook. I've had an account for about five years or so. I never really did anything with it. I logged on occasionly just to see if anything was new. But now, there isn't hardly a day that goes by without me checking in on everyone's latest status. It has been such a great tool, especially since I've moved away, to keep in touch with dear friends.

Just in this last week I have reconnected with friends whom I haven't seen in years. And it is so great to catch up, see recent pictures, and get a glimpse of what their life is like now. It's interesting to see how our lives changes throughout the years. Those who I thought would never grow up, did. Those who I thought would greatly succeed, maybe didn't. Whatever the future held for these former classmates, co-workers, ministry students, and dear friends is always intriguing to me.

My latest and most exciting find in the world of Facebook is a former youth minister of mine. I had completly lost contact with him until I truly stumbled upon him in the wonderful world of Facebook. I could not have been more thrilled. The sweet girl he was dating as my youth minister he married, he has children, and still lives within an hour of my hometown.

Since I have found quite a few "blast from the pasts" lately it's kinda like an adrenaline rush. I'm always thinking in the back of my mind who I haven't seen in years and wondering if I can find them on Facebook. I guess you could call it my new hobby...

Are you a Facebooker too?

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo for Facebook!!
    It's always neat to find long lost friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just like you, Amber! I've had my account for YEARS but never used it until the first of this year! Haha! The only friend I had forever was Whitney!! Now I'm in love with it! I tell Mom more LG news now than she tells me!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, too. Such a great tool for staying in touch. I know the most obscure things through Fbook and it gives me something to talk about to some people that I would usually grasp for straws at trying to think of something to say! ;)
    Which youth pastor? The one that we always did stuff with? What was his name? The one I knew, too?

    ReplyDelete