
Love Dare: Day Nine
"Greet one another with a kiss of love."
1 Peter 5:14
Today's Dare:
"THINK OF A SPECIFIC WAY YOU'D LIKE TO GREET YOUR SPOUSE TODAY. DO IT WITH A SMILE AND WIH ENTHUSIASM. THEN DETERMINE TO CHANGE YOUR GREETING TO REFLECT YOUR LOVE FOR THEM."
This love dare thing is great. It allows me to think of aspects of my marital relationship that I may not really give a whole lot of thought. Today's dare would be one of those areas.
There are days when I don't really think much about how I greet my man as he walks in the front door. There are times when I am chasing my little Stinker around and hardly notice he has walked in, or days that I'm juggling the baby, supper, and a ringing phone all at the same time, and his greeting goes unnoticed. Sometimes I have so much on my mind when I get into the car, trying to remember if I got diapers, wipes, turned off the stove, etc. that I the look on my face reads differently than it should. There are also times I don't consider my tone of voice or lack of enthusiasm when I wake up in the morning.
These are all prime examples of communication with my spouse. It hit home when I realized how important my first words, facial expressions, or tone of voice is to my husband. The Love Dare points out how your personal sense of self worth increases when someone is glad to see you. We feel more important, more valued. It is explained that, a good greeting sets the stage for positive and healthy interaction. And, how true that is!
So join me: When you talk to your spouse today, whether on the phone, in the car, or at the front door remember to greet them warmly. Give them a glimpse of how much you appreciate them.

Leave it to you to convict us all. You are so right about the greeting. Sometimes we save the good stuff for our friends and co-workers, forgetting that these people we live with are the ones who really deserve our best.
ReplyDeleteThis is true. So true. Meeting my husband at the door is so important!
ReplyDelete