Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...

My weekend has been filled with birthday festivities. Actually my birthday fun started last weekend when my fabulous in-laws came to visit. They brought a cake, a present (cha-ching), and treated us to a great meal. So, the my birthdayness (i know, not a word) has been picking up speed ever since. They got my week off to a great start!

I have noticed that it seems every year feels less like the birthdays I once remembered. When younger, birthdays were about counting down the days, making a "birthday wish-list", and deciding who was going to come to my party. Although, times have changed I do still count down the days until my party. And, I guess I do still drop hints of my birthday wishes. And, I still decide who will come to my party, my parents. I just can't explain birthdays anymore. It just feels different.

It was different when I first got married. Having a spouse to plan my party.
It's different now that I have a baby. Taking my birthday pictures with her sweet face.
Now, it's differnt celebrating birthdays so far away from friends and family. It was so great to have my parents here, but I did miss my brother & his fam, my sweet Nana & Dennis, and my crazy Aunties.

It just seems like lately I have noticed the different stages of life. I look back and watch the last 26 years play out in my mind and I realize how much things change. Single to married. Just the two of us to now three. And now the distance that seperates us from our families. It's interesting to see how life plays out. And, I wouldn't change it for the world.

I did had a spectacular weekend of birthday fun. But, I am now on the downward slope to thirty. Twenty-five wasn't so bad...but now I am closer to the big 3-0 than I've ever been before. Getting older isn't really much fun anymore.

However, I have an amazing husband who each year makes me feel so special on my birthday. He is thoughtful and knows EXACTLEY how to make me feel like a Birthday Girl. I will share more about all the details he put into my spectaular 26th birthday. But, that must wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. "Birthdayness"---I like it! hehe

    I'm so glad you were able to hang out with your family for your birthday! I can't wait to read all the details!

    ...it's amazing how 30 seems so young now that we're getting a little closer to that age, huh?!

    ReplyDelete