I think if the Blogger world was hosting a science fair...I would win. Hands down.
I don't know about where you live, but in my region of the United States it's been extremely wet. We have had a lot of rain in the past few weeks, which is appreciated, but unappreciated too.
Lots of rain brings about losts of pesky bugs. Thus the need for my experiment.
We have been having quite the gnat problem. We can't seem to get them out of our house. It seems like every time we open our front door a new swarm comes flying in. Frustrating, right?
Well, a few days ago I had deicided I have had enough. I hopped on the world wide web and found a home remedy to banish gnats from my hacienda. So I tried it.
Step 1: Get a small kitchen glass and fill it with a few inches of brown apple cider vinegar.
Step 2: Put a few drops of dish soap in the glass.
Step 3: Set it out and watch the gnats fly to it. Fall in. To the point of no return.
I am very pleased to tell you that this WORKS!
A SUCCESS.
I caught, no lie, around 60 gnats in my trap in the last two days.
Discusting. Yes.
Rewarding. Yes.
Sad for the gnats. No.
See those pesky little guys walking around the rim of the glass? If they only knew what was coming next.
Here they are again enjoying the view...
Thank you.

Also, you can get a 2 liter, throw an apple slice or something down in it and they will go in but can't figure out how to get out! That's what we used to do in LG. Gnats must be dumb.
ReplyDelete