This is a real-life situation.
Today the Preacher Man was trying to figure out what kind of manly-snacks to have for the Men's Bible Study. He had contemplated over Pizza Hut pizza, Subway sandwiches, or Hot Link hot dogs. He finally headed to town to make the final decision...
Ring, ring...
Me: Good Afternoon Pizza Hut.
Preacher Man: Um, yes...Hi, I am calling from ------ Baptist Church and I was just checking to see if you had any specials going on right now. I am wanting to order multiple single topping pizzas.
Me: No, no specials.
PM: Okaayyy, then what do your single-topping pizzas cost?
Me: Ten-dollars.
PM: Ten dollars? What if I order about 8 of them?
Me: Ten-dollars.
PM: Um. ok. So, no specials?
Me: Nope.
PM: Ok, thanks.
I immediatley dialed the Preacher Man back.
Me: Hi, honey.
PM: Hi...the weirdest thing just happened.
Me: Oh, really? ;)
PM: Yes, I was calling our home number to have you look up the number for Pizza Hut.
Me: Yeah?
PM: And, when I dialed it, Pizza Hut answered.
Me: (Hysterically laughing)
PM: What?
Me: (Trying to catch my breath)
PM: What?
Me: IT WAS ME!!!
I am still trying to catch my breath.
I can't stop laughing over this conversation.
A few things you should know:
- I do this to Preacher Man often. He never falls for it.
- The "ring, ring" is actually the Star-Spangled Banner ringing on our home phone.
- Preacher Man went with the Hot Link hot dogs.
- Preacher Man didn't laugh near as hard as I did.

That is hilarious! My goodness!!
ReplyDeleteROFL!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a goof! But I LOVE it! =)
This makes me laugh even though my husband is the MASTER of phone deception. Our number is very close to the number for Harps Grocery. More than once he has told people they can return or exchange things when they have called our number by mistake. One lady who asked what time we closed was told by him that we close at 10:00 but you can only purchase items up to 9:30. After that it is just for looking-no purchasing. She fell for it! Oh, I love that you call him Preacher Man.
ReplyDeleteSeptember 28, 2009 7:20 AM
lol oh my gosh! That is so funny! I love that that happened!!! Andy prank called me once, and I totally bought it. he pretended to be from IU telling me that I had lost a scholarship...let's just say we talked for about 10 minutes before I recognized his voice!!! Tell PM it's ok. It happens to the best of us! :D
ReplyDeleteI'm lovin it!!! You guys crack me up.
ReplyDelete