Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Strangely Normal

I will be out for the next few days...
So, I thought I would leave you with a few fun facts about the household of a Preacher Man. They are all sorta strange, but perfectly normal to us...


  • I clean my shower/bathtub with Pine-sol EVERY day, no matter what.

  • We host a Sunday School class in our living room.

  • Preacher Man hates the top sheet on the bed, so I have to fold it in half so it is only on my side.

  • We all have different bed times. Ruthie 1st, Preacher Man 2nd, and me 3rd.

  • I didn't know what ROFL meant until I asked my completely clueless unblogified Preacher Man. How did he know?

  • We've NEVER had a night without Ruthie Jane for the past 20 months...

  • Preacher Man can do ANYTHING I can do, and sometimes he can even do it better.

  • I am a complete germaphobic. I can't help it. Always have, always will.

  • I never think anyone washes their hands good enough, except me.
  • Preacher Man likes to eat his cereal and ice cream with a tablespoon, rather than a teaspoon.
  • Ruthie Jane thinks her Papa is a man with a cowboy hat under a puzzle piece.
  • We haven't watched a full movie in theater or a rental in 20 months.
  • Preacher man thinks I worry constantly. This makes him stress. I think he stresses constantly. So where does that leave us? ;)
  • Ruthie Jane and I love to conjure up a great meal of leftovers. Preacher Man says, "I'll pass." every time...
  • It drives Preacher Man crazy that I keep the tube of toothpaste until you can't possibly squeeze another drop out without cutting it open and scraping it.


    But, when the day is done...
    We sit down and laugh at how completely different we are.
    Two complete individuals designed by the Master.
    Two people brought together as one.
    Isn't the life of a family grand?

    Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm embarrassed by how INfrequently I clean our shower/tub...

    Charles uses only "big" spoons, too!

    And, having done it only a few times since Noah was born (and not at all since Sam was born), I really think nights away from your kiddos are overrated! We're big softies, and miss them too much!!

    ReplyDelete