I am home.
Home is where my heart is.
It feels SO good to be back home. It's nice to have some normalcy, some routine. With that said, I did have a FANTASTIC time in my hometown with my dear family.
There is nothing like being in my old homestead. Walking the halls that my little feet used to pitter-patter down, and watching my little one pitter-patter the same trail. The great smell and taste of comfort food, my mother's home-cookin'. The relaxation of counrty livin', the sound of crickets, hoot owls, and coytotes howling before bed. Watching Ruthie Jane do circles in the field on Papa's lap as he steers the tractor. It's wonderful.
There is nothing like being in my old homestead. Walking the halls that my little feet used to pitter-patter down, and watching my little one pitter-patter the same trail. The great smell and taste of comfort food, my mother's home-cookin'. The relaxation of counrty livin', the sound of crickets, hoot owls, and coytotes howling before bed. Watching Ruthie Jane do circles in the field on Papa's lap as he steers the tractor. It's wonderful.
A complete shift of culture took place the second week as we visited my husbands' parents. It too was a great week. Lots of family laughing, joking, and enjoying good eats. Watching my husband as he and his father are so much the same, enjoying father/son company and finding humor in one anothers' silliness. Scarfing down the world famous chocolate gravy, made by none other than the one who I'm sure made it famous, my MIL. And, watching Ruthie Jane boss Sooner the dog around, until he too was tired of being told what to do.
It was a great couple of weeks, and there will be plenty of pictures to document all the happenings in the next few days. But, for now I must share with you.... I WON! And, I WON BIG! I have entered many bloggers giveaways, never coming close to being the winner. Until now. The fantastic Two Up Two Down giveaway girl sent my lovely gift to me. It arrived just in time for my arrival home. What a Welcome Home surprise!
I opened it up and this is what I saw:
Again, THANKS! I am in love with all my new kitchen gadgets. I can't wait to give'em a try!
And, now back to my homemaking ways. Two weeks of no housework sure spoils a girl...

How much fun! It sounds like you guys had a fantastic time, and that apron is so cute. i think I entered that giveaway. Oh well. (-: I'm glad you love it!
ReplyDelete~Kathryn
Congrats!! You won some awesome things!! I love kitchen gadgets and would spend all our money on them if I could..except the whole bills and meals thing kinda gets in the way..hehe.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you got a new camera. What did you decide on?
ReplyDeleteYay!!! You got it! I was worried the dish would break from here to there since I didn't wrap it in bubble wrap, but it looks like it made it in one piece. Your darling little one looks like a domestic diva in the making
ReplyDelete;-)