Each day it seems the weather gets a bit colder...
The leaves get a bit more crunchy...
The leaves get a bit more crunchy...
And, I see less color throughout the flower petals.
I know this will all come to pass.
I know the Lord has given us a wonderful palette of colors throughout Autumn.
But, as we went for a walk the other evening my two lovies picked me a flower.
And, as beautiful as it is.
It's a sweet reminder of the seasons.
It's a sweet reminder of the seasons.
Seasons of change.
It's funny to look at life and see the different seasons.
The season of singleness.
The season of newlywedness.
The season of children.
The season of change.
I am so blessed to be in the season I am currently experiencing.
Although it's hard at times not being close enough to my parents to drop in.
Not being able to cook supper for them, when I know they've had a tough week of work.
Or not being able to be there for all the family birthdays.
But, the Lord has given us such a wonderful place to be instead.
He is teaching me every day.
He has blessed me with others to cook meals after having a tough week for.
He has blessed me with others to drop in on.
I am grateful.
I am also grateful for this week, that I get to see my parents.
That we get to celebrate a belated birthday for my mom.
I get to cook for them for a few days.
And, they give to love on Ruthie Jane too!
They are on their way to see me.
And, I couldn't be more overjoyed!
It's been 5 weeks since I last saw them.
It's been 5 weeks since I last saw them.
I have NEVER been this long away.
I am so looking forward to this time with them.
So...you probably won't hear from me for a few days.

I know exactly what you mean, Amber. God has taken us to these new places - these new seasons - and while we love where we are, we still miss where we came from. It's hard to balance those emotions sometimes, huh? Enjoy your parents this week. Make lots of extra special memories!
ReplyDeleteI love the photos! Are you enjoying your new camera?
ReplyDelete