He's so good at things like that. He knows me and exactly what I like. I couldn't have picked out a better set myself. He's awesome.
However, I have recently decided I have "beef" with canister making companies. I say, if you make canisters you should take into consideration how the consumer buys sugar. I am sure most of us buy sugar in a 5lb bag. Now, I could be wrong. But I know that I always buy a 5lb bag. My beef is that I can't fit all of the bag into my beautiful canister. I always end up putting the bag back into the cupboard three-fourths of the way empty. This happens NO MATTER how empty I let my sugar canister get. Why have a canister if you are going to have to store your sugar in the cupboard anyway?
Flour on the other hand is more cooperative. I can usually get every ounce of flour into my canister. I don't know the solution, except creating a line of canisters myself.
Have I started a canister movement?
Is anybody with me?

I'm with you. The first cannister set I bought before we were married was too small. I saw that right away, and it went back to the store. But if my husband had bought it, I would have kept it as well. I would love a huge clear glass set, but then I would think I need to be baking all the time; and there is another set of problems!! But your set is definitely a keeper; very nice.
ReplyDeleteYou make a canister line, I'll buy it!
ReplyDeleteI bought some cannisters that are supposed to be for decorative use only. They are larger than the average ones. Since they are not treated to have the ingredients put into them directly I put my sugar and flour, still in their original bags, in large ziploc bags. This keeps the cannister clean and keeps any little critters from ever making it into the goods. I thought sugar came in 4 lb pkgs now.
ReplyDelete