Grocery Shopping.
Just the thought of it makes me tired.
It's such a task trying to remember everything you need. Not only groceries, but hygiene products, dog food, paper goods, the whole she-bang. I honestly dread getting groceries.
Until weeks like this one come about. Ever-so-often I let my cabinets get empty. Normally I go grocery shopping weekly, but on these occasions I skip a week and make due with whatever is in my cabinet. This serves a two-fold purpose.
- Money-saver. I save the money that I didn't use that week for groceries. Woo-hoo!
- Cabinet cleaning. You get rid of those things that get pushed in the back. You get creative and whip up meals that you had totally forgotten existed. You can check your expiration dates on the items you know have been there a while. And, while your cabinets/refrigerator shelves are empty you can do you cleaning of the surfaces.
Last week was my Empty week. I had conjoured up all I could until grocery shopping Monday. I still have a few things that I either need to use or throw out (which I hate to do), but it's just been there so long.
This is our snack cabinet. Ruthie-girl was running low. She didn't have a whole lot of things to choose from in the snacker department.
I didn't include a picture of my canned good pantry, because it didn't look too empty. It was empty because I didn't have any green beans, chicken broth, or cream of chicken/mushroom. But, I still had plenty of other things to fill the space.
So, give it a try.
Run on E once in a while.

I need to do this. My pantry is entirely too full. I'm gonna be like you these next few weeks. Can I do it?
ReplyDeleteWe are certainly running on E right now! I've been too lazy to get creative though..I need to get to work! My mom always used to call meals made from the bare fridge/pantry "miracle meals"
ReplyDelete