As it is a busy time of year I thought I would share with you a terrific recipe that will be a crowd pleaser at any party. These delectable treats are called Oreo Truffles. Honestly, they were originally called Oreo Cheeseballs, but I changed the name when I presented them as a Demo for a college Dietetics class.
I didn't take step by step pictures like I should have but here we go:
Ingredients:
1 package of Cream Cheese
1 package of Oreos (the off brand works too)
1 package of Chocolate Almond Bark
1 package of White Chocolate Almond Bark
Place the package of oreos in a plastic zipper bag and crush with a rolling pin. Or you can take the easy way out and use a blender/food processor. Then mix the cookie crumbs with the cream cheese and mold into balls.
Next, melt the chocolate almond bark and cover the cream cheese balls. Place on wax paper to dry.
For decorative appeal, melt the white chocolate almond bark and swirl over the chocolate balls.
I forgot to take a picture of them beautifully placed on my serving platter. But they are gorgeous. And, of course they taste incredible too! I got this recipe from a dear friend of mine. Her family is very well known for their cooking flare and I am so glad they passed on this great recipe to me!
So....
ENJOY!
ENJOY!

Every single year I make these, but I only cover them in the white almond bark. We call them Snowballs. My husband & his brother LOVE them!! This year, I'm using Oreos with peanut butter filling. I'm also doing a batch using Nutter Butter cookies covered in milk chocolate. I think I'll call those Reindeer Poop! Ha!! I'm planning to make them on Wednesday. I'll let you know how they turn out!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, friend!!
YES and YOU passed these on to me one cold winters night at your apartment in Tahlequah!!!!!! The night I met Kenny and Kyle! These are my favorite! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gracious those look wwwooonndderfull!!
ReplyDelete