I am working on a special end of the year project. I like to call it Declutter 2009 (DC '09). I have decided I have too much clutter...Now, don't get carried away and call Hoarders on me. I am by no means that bad, just a little too sentimental sometimes. All I need is the right organizational supplies and a few trips to the Goodwill donation drop-off and I will be on the right track. It just seems like things accumulate, and being in the ministry, move after move, you just get tired of those boxes that never get unpacked! Not to mention things that work at one house don't always work in another. Such as curtains, our last house had way more windows than our current. Pictures for the wall, different space, different place. And, the lack of closet space in this house sheds great light of how much stuff/unwanted junk I truly have.
Here are a few things that I plan on doing about it...
I need...
- A mail caddy, something I can use to sort our mail and the churches mail since it all comes to the same place.
- Shoe organizer, I left the walk-in closet behind at our last house, so I need some of those shoes holding genies that go on the back of a closet door.
- Spice rack to be hung on the pantry door.
- Extra totes to pack up unused decor for the storage building.
- Some kind of storage container/bag/plastic wrap to store the crib away in. It is currently taking up mucho needed space in the guest room closet.
And, these are just to name a few. Welcome to my DC '09 journey
Here I am on a mission. A DC'09 Mission. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?
Thanks for visiting my blog! Your Christmas decor is wonderful, I've not even started because of the remodel "dust" hope to after the weekend. My hubby pastors and works a full time job but is laid off this week so he and our son are tackling the remodel. Have a blessed day with your family! Your little one is a doll!!
ReplyDeleteI certainly need to take this journey w/ you, BUT I have ONE BIG problem...His name is Chuck C.!! He has NO IDEA how to throw anything away. I'm praying him through, though!! Ha!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I went through major decluttering last spring, and it might be getting close to round 2! It really is just all about organization, and needing to get rid of things you haven't used in a while. Andy and I are both very sentimental, and we LOVE keeping things!!! we're working on it :) Have fun!
ReplyDelete