Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I love Christmas

I absolutley love Christmas. It's such a great time for celebration. I love the many traditions that go along with the amazing truth of the birth of Christ. We must always be on guard not to let the hussle and bussle drown out the simplicity of the birth, and the majesty of the King. Though, my family is big on Christmas traditions and I would like to share with you a few.

Last weekend Ruthie Jane got to help her other set of grandparents with their tree. She had a blast and acted like a pro since she had done it just the week before.

This is Papa and Ma. Ruthie Jane loves to go to the country and see the horses. She drives Papa crazy with wanting to put her boots on and play outside. He loves every minute of it and is always at her side.

Ma and Ruthie. Ruthie is looking at Papa. She loves him so.

Ruthie in the decorating mode. She seriously knew EXACTLY what to do!

And, here are a few of my favorite ornaments that hang on my momma's tree. This first one is from Ruthie Jane's baby shower two years ago. Please notice the horse is blue. It makes me grin because she was our little boy at Christmas two years ago tucked away in my tummy. She fooled everyone!

And, this is an ornament I made in school. I love it. Memories, such sweet memories.


And, Ruthie Jane and Papa again. I love this picture.

Ruthie Jane hard at work. She's so sweet!


Now a peek into our house. The only thing missing is our table setting. I just can't find the right centerpiece and I need some Christmas napkins. But, here's our humble abode.

We got new stockings/stocking holders this year. I was so proud of my little Princess, when I let her make the decision on her stocking. She chose the glammed up/jewelified stocking over the cartoonish little girl stocking. My heart was proud! :)

This is our Christmas town. A fun little tradition that started our first year of marriage. Each house represents a year of our life. Notice the church decorated in pink and whie wedding ribbon, that was our first house for our first year. Last year was a toy shop, since it was Ruthie Jane's first Christmas!

A close look at our Christmas tree. Ruthie loves the ornaments. Actually she just loves to dissemble the tree. But, I guess I would rather her play with the shatterproof ornaments and leave the donkey and Baby Jesus alone out of the nativity scene... (those are her favs)



Our tree lit up for all to see! I love to put it in front of the window for those who drive by!



Last, the Preacher Man and Ruthie Jane curled up on the couch waiting for me to sit and watch a Christmas movie with them! A wonderful ending to a great night!!


Ah, fiddle stix... I just realized I forgot to include Ruthie Jane's Christmas tree. I will show it to you real soon. I think I've crammed as many pictures in this post as possible. Thank you for joining me at a peek inside our Christmas time.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/12/09

    your house seems so cute and homey! Good job amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw looks so nice and i'm glad she choose the stocking she did!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete