Monday, January 25, 2010

Drive Faster

I don't drive very much.
When I do drive it is mainly short trips. The grocery store, the bank, you know normal errands. But since I have made a few long driving trips in the last few months I have come to the conclusion that most people just drive too fast. I am a law abiding citzen and do my best to keep my speed at the limit that is posted. I don't like to drive fast. In fact, I prefer to drive about ten miles under the posted speed limit. No, my hair is not graying, my eye-sight is still good, and I can climb steps just fine. I may drive like an old woman, but I am far from it!

I just get so bent out of shape at other drivers. It's unreal at how fast they drive.

Example: The speed limit is 70. When on the interstate I try to keep everyone happy and go 72. Yet many cars still whiz around me like I am a turtle, all while chatting it up, or texting it down on their phone. Up, down whatever.

I just get irritated. I often think the OK Highway Patrol should hire me as an undercover agent. Patty the PT and I could write some mega tickets. I would even wear one of their cute little brown outfits complete with the stiff hat.

So while driving today, take notice of the speed limit and try to stay within the law.
Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Amen, Amber. I so totally agree. One of my big pet peeves is people who speed. Hello? you are breaking the law! It does matter. Thank you for the post. Citizens arrest! Citizens arrest! (You are probably too young to appreciate some Barney Fife humor :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verla!!! I say Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!! all of the time!!! :)

    People are crazy on I-40, that's my conclusion. My knuckles are always so sore by the time I reach my destination!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Boo on me, when I am on 412 my rule is to always go 5 mph over. But on other roads, such as the main streets of Locust or other towns I follow the rules. I guess when I am on a highway it is more open so I feel I can go a little faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go the speed limit too! It feels like I am creeping along with everyone flying by me. I hate it when people start weaving in and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Citizen's arrest!! CLASSIC! When in doubt, turn on Andy - makes the day brighter :-)

    Amber - If it's raining, snowing, sleeting, drizzling, windy...I drive BELOW the speed limit. I drive like a grandma - this is in direct contrast to my younger days of wrecks and driving like a crazy woman while eating, talking with friends and trying to check out the guy driving next to me...

    I will say that when Alex is with me, I'm even EXTRA cautious. Especially near water...I'm just a FREAK! I absolutely believe semi drivers should drive at least 5 under the speed limit - there should be different speeds vs. us - I don't know how many times my life has flashed before my eyes because of semi-trucks...just saying.

    Great post!! I'm an avid fan of speed limits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to drive just about the speed limit but when I am riding with Brent I preffere him to go under because he is a HORRIBLE driver and he scares the heck outta me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totally can relate to this post. Drivers that text frighten me.
    -Jen

    http://oursuperlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete