While Deuce was playing like a kid, being a kid, he fell. He fell hard and hit a few things on the way down. I got a text sharing that Deuce had fallen and had been to the ER. He broke his collarbone. Poor little sweet thing. The bad part is you can't do much for that type of break, and he is a VERY active little fella. So, Ruthie Jane and I went shopping and put together a little Get Well Soon basket for him. If you can't tell he is a HUGE SpiderMan fan!
Here's on with the cutie pie pic in it. We are big into taking pics of Ruthie holding signs. They always turn out sooo cute and everyone loves them!
One last look...
This all reminds me of my childhood. When I was in elementary school I had a sweet friend that had a slumber party every year. One year she moved to a rival school, but continued to invite me. I always went because it was SOOO much fun. Always a little intimidating because I didn't know the girls from the other school, but it didn't take long to mesh the sisterhood together.
One year, we decided VERY early in the morning to have hula-hoop races. It was my turn and I was going really fast. My friend, Rachel, had a dog that obviously wanted to race too. He ran in front of me causing me to tumble to the ground. I immediatley knew something wasn't right. I was hurt. My mom was called shortly after and I was taken to the hospital. I had broken my collarbone. I had to wear a brace/harness type thing for a few weeks and wait for the healing process to do its buisness. I remember getting a card in the mail from sweet Rachel, that read "Get Well Soon!" It was so special to me. I don't know if it is because sent it through the mail, and as a kid I didn't ever get real mail. Or maybe because she wrote a handwritten message inside. Or maybe it was just the thought that counted. But I kept that card forever...and who knows I may still have it today.

Poor little guy! That breaks my heart! The gift basket is TOO cute. Especially the picture of sweet Ruthie Girl. :) What a doll!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet thing to do!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet of you to send a get well basket.
ReplyDeleteThe hubby and I will keep the little man in our prayers!
Jen