Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Graffiti Flashback

One night while at my parents a few weeks ago, I was laying in bed during the beginning stages of Ruthie Jane's bedtime routine and something caught my eye. I could just barely see something underneath the window sill and as I looked closer I saw my own handwriting.  I had left graffiti in my bedroom more than ten years ago and didn't even rememb,er doing it.

I was pretty surprised because graffiti really isn't my style...
I will admit I often admire it as the trains drive by. I think there are many graffeti artists out there that could really do something with their talent. But you will see below I am not one of them!
These aren't very good pictures because it was at a weird angle...
But, I think you will get the picture.
This is what I saw:






This of course was a huge flashback for me. It was such a fun time in my life.
Please let me explain...

I was a freshman in high school.
They were a boy band.
I was in love.
Or so I thought...


My walls were plastered from floor to ceiling in posters of the Hanson trio. There wasn't a bare spot in the room.  Every ounce of my day was filled with eat, sleep, and dream Hanson. I couldn't get enough of their music, videos, or pictures. And, to make it worse I wasn't alone. My two BFF's were with me. Together we were dangerous, we were often known as "The Hanson Girls" throughout our high school. Embarassing, I know. We didn't care. We had three-ring binders covered in collages of Hanson. We paid ridiculous amounts to attend their concerts, called the Hanson hotline multiple times a day, and even knew where their homestead was. We were insane.

My favorite was Isaac. I knew ever fun fact possible about him. And, still to this day I can't turn the November 17 on the calendar without thinking of his birthday. It's crazy what a teenage heart will do.

Ha ha...this reminicing makes me laugh.

Since then we've moved on...
Gotten married...
Had babies...
But, the Hanson phase is a very sentimental time for me. A time full of fun and being carefree. A time I will never forget.

Thanks for taking a walk with me down Memory Lane.

3 comments:

  1. Isaac was always my favorite too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget that Whitney's mom was your partner in crime-driving you by their house, encouraging you all the while! What a fun mom she has always been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I love it!!! I can't believe you wrote that on the windowsill! YOU REBEL! :)

    ReplyDelete