While the Preacher Man and I were still in the friend-stage of our relationship he began a hilarious hobby. He bgean using his body to pull vehicles, lift weights, people, and whatever else he possibly could. During this stage we lived two hours apart so I only heard of these activities over the phone. Our first very early UNOFFICIAL date was to a local Strongman Competition. It was absolutley hilarious the way these men used their muscles to roll massive tires and other odd objects to prove their strength. The Preacher Man was awe-struck.
Although he never professionally trained nor did he ever enter into a competition, there was a time in is life that he wanted to. Last week I was thankful for that time. When I needed him to move a car with his brute strength....he did. :)
Due to large amounts of rainfall across our land the ground here is extremely soggy. As I was doing an everyday activity, checking the mail, I ran into a small problem...
Now, normally I walk to the mailbox. But this particular day I was leaving for town and had the genius idea just to drive by the mailbox on my way out. Bad idea. After closing the lid to our rural route mailbox, my foot stepped on the gas only to find that my tires began spinning and spinning and spinning. I knew immediatley this was not good.
It wasn't good for a number of reasons.
First, I hadn't seen the Preacher Man in almost 8 days due to the fact I had been snowed in at my parents. I needed him.
An elderly church member called that morning as we were getting ready to spend the day together needing a ride to a city for their emergency doctor's appointment that was almost three hours away. They needed him.
A new addition to our church family had been born the night before and the Preacher Man was planning to visit the family in the hospital and check out the new baby boy. Also, two other babies (sisters) in our church were sent to the hospital with pnemonia and one of our church deacon's had been taken to the hospital for severe abdomen pain. They all needed him and they were all at completely different hospitals.
Although bummed because my first day home didn't go as planned I decided to go visit the new mommy and baby since that was something I could do with Ruthie Jane on my hip. So we headed off to town to check things off of our to-do list. That's when the mud got me.
We had suits that needed to go to the cleaners.
A check that needed to go to the bank.
A sweet God Bless Baby blue bear to be delievered.
And, a toddler who was dressed and ready to go to town.
But, it all changed. Just like that. My plans were shot. I unbuckled Ruthie Jane tromped through the ooey gooey mud in my silver glitter Toms and back into the house we went. I was frusterated.
This week my husband rocks in multiple ways.
First, the heartfelt sympahy he had for me over the phone when I spilled the beans about being stuck in the mud. He truly was sad that things hadn't gone my way. Instead of being Mr. Fix-it, he just listened. He was so sweet and kind realizing he was three hours away and there wasn't a whole lot he could do.And, next because the next day he pushed my car out of the mud! I knew his dreams of being in a "Strong Man" competition would pay off someday! My husband rocks most of all because he is so obedient to the Lord's calling on his life. When there is someone in need, he is by their side. He truly is a strong man who often carries a heavier load than any competitor could. But not by his strength, but the Lord's.
That's him pushing the car out. He posed for this picture because the tough stuff was already done. Ha, I love this picture!

Man! Guys are so much sturdier and stronger..I'm just amazed that when Mike and I wrestle (before pregnancy) - I can try to hurt him and he just laughs. And sometimes, I REALLY try!! Haha...
ReplyDeleteGood job preacher man!