This year's Valentine's Day was a little different than ever before. First, I'm the type of girl who likes to celebrate holidays on the actual day. However since it was on a Sunday, our busiest day of the week, that couldn't happen. Also, since we've moved away from family babysitters (i.e.grandparents) the Preacher Man and I had a little tag-a-long for our celebration...
Here is a little V-Day weekend picture recap:
Friday night, we dined at Cafe Hacienda aka The Preacher Man's Snackbar & Grill.
A romantic candlelight dinner...
for three...
A fantastic salad with a honey dijon dressing.
The juiciest ribeye steak topped with portebello mushrooms served with chipotle marinaded shrimp and a loaded baked potato.
Brownie Sundae for dessert.
Saturday Morning we had a Valentines breakfast and a wonerful evening at Red Lobster with about six other couples. We had a blast. Gotta love good friends!
Pioneer Woman's Pancake recipe rocks. Here they are being heart-shaped.
The finished product. These pancakes seriously melt in your mouth! Her recipe is so different than my usual pancake recipe. I will never go back!
Sunday, we had a wonderful time in the house of the Lord. A great Sunday meal with dear friends at Pizza Hut in which thier little boy Deuce declared to Ruthie Jane: "RoofieZane YOU MY GURLFRIEND!" Too cute, those two! And, the Preacher Man had a date with a five page paper to write for seminary.
And, my Valentine goodies.
2 dozen roses from the Preacher Man. 1 white dozen and 1 pink.
My FAVORITE candy in the world. Russell Stover hearts. These only come out a few times year like for special holidays. They are getting harder and harder to find.
And, the traditional Millionaires candy.
All in all a wonderful celebration of love. However I must admit I long for the day when the Preacher Man and I can go out ALONE! I can't wait to be able to jump in the car and be whisked away for an overnight excursion. I love my little sweetsie...but it would be nice to have a date with the Preacher Man once in a while! Maybe when she's 20....

Looks like you guys had a great time. Man, she's already working those boys. (-:
ReplyDelete~Kathryn
LOVE the flowers! Good taste Preacher Man! I've never had those strawberry cream hearts - must try as I'm a sweet addict :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun filled weekend!
Sooooo CUTE!
ReplyDeleteWe made heart-shaped pancakes too!
:)