I love to adequatley use my excess food. I love it when I make too much of something and come up with a genius way to reuse it for another tasty, yet different meal. Hence the name, Leftover Lady.
It truly tickles my heart to cut down on the waste of perfectly good food.I don't know about each of you, but it is often hard for my family to eat leftovers. The Preacher Man doesn't particularly like it. In fact, that is why I have to be creative, just to get him to eat it!
So to kick off these Leftover Lady posts I will share a very easy one!
Remember the yummalicious steaks we had for Valentine's Day? Well the next day I used the beef we didn't eat for lunch. I had some leftover salad greens...And, wah-lah I had a greaaat lunch!
I just took the leftover ribeye, but it into slices and seared it on the stovetop.
Mixed it with the salad greens...
Added some fresh cheese and croutons.
Tossed it with the honey dijon dressing.
And, it was fantastic. Not only fantastic but super easy.
Just like that my leftovers vanished.
Amazing.

Mmm...that looks fantastic! With it just being my husband and I, I constantly have leftovers that I try to reinvent. He doesn't like them unless he doesn't know I'm using them again and it seems like a completely new meal. I'm looking forward to more Leftover Lady posts! I need them!
ReplyDelete