Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Bachelor

 
Last week Ruthie Jane and I spent some great time with family back home. We had a specific focus for our trip, but got to enjoy some much needed grandparent time. After returning home I asked the Preacher Man to give me his Top Ten favorite things about being a Bachelor for the week. He sweetly replied, "There is NO WAY I could come up with ten. It really wasn't that fun!"

 
And then he started thinking.....

  • 10. I could eat chicken wings and drink a Coke for breakfast if I wanted to.
  • 9.  Fox News or Junkyard Wars could stay on 24/7.
  • 8. The mother/daughter parade during the 10PM weather ceased.
  • 7. I only had to take out the trash ONCE the entire week.
  • 6. I could use as much toothpaste as I wanted AND leave the water running.
  • 5. No one reminded me where to put my dirty clothes.
  • 4. Everyone felt sorry for me not having a wife home to cook. So, I got a lot of dinner invitations for the week.
  • 3. When I went to the grocery store I came out with wings, coke, and the new Oreo thin mint cookies instead of sweet potatoes, broccoli, and yogurt.
  • 2. A 11PM McDonald Dollar Menu run seemed perfectly normal.
  • 1. I never had a meal at the dinner table, the sofa and coffee table worked just fine .

 
There you have it.
Straight from the Preacher's mouth.
The rebel side of the Preacher Man.
I must brag on his sweet efforts to tidy the house to point of spotless for my return home. Everything was in place, the furniture was polished, and the floors were mopped. He may have a rebel side but loves the structure, eating habits, and conservation rituals we uphold as a family. He's a good Preacher Man and was thrilled to have us back home!

3 comments:

  1. This is a cute post. Maybe you should have a weekly or monthly Top Ten from the Preacher Man as a regular feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28/3/10

    My uncle is a very smart Preacher Man.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread to think what my husband would eat if left alone for a week! When we were dating he lived with a friend in a "batchelor pad" and I have distinct memories of the culinary standars of that house!

    ReplyDelete