Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flyin' High!

This week has been a pretty windy week.
A great week for ponytails, bubbles, and kites.
We went on a sweet adventure to the park to soak it all in.

The idea began last week as Ruthie Jane was watching her fav. show Hi-5. Jenn had a kite and Ruthie Jane immediatley shared with the Preacher Man and I that she wanted one. She knows her daddy all too well, because if she wants it she can tell him and it's hers. However, he did wait a week for a perfect wind-filled day to load us up for an adventure.

I pulled back my best ponytail and dressed in my kite-flying clothes to share in the fun. We head to Wal-mart and much to my surprise the lady in the toy department broke my heart by telling me they hadn't got any kites in yet. I perservered and looked frantically through the aisles after a kite. After all we had already talked up the kite flying day to Ruthie Jane all the way to town. And, then I spotted them....Buzz Lightyear kites.


 Not exactly what I was after...I was going for something pink, Barbie, or Princess. But, Buzz would do. So we snatched it up along with a tube of bubbles and headed to the park. On the way we decided to try the Dollar Store for other kites selections and the Preacher Man found one for him.




The bubbles were her favorite part!


The wind started out perfect.
Then the clouds began to get dark.
The wind got harder.



And, we called it a day.
A fun day with the Preacher Man family.
And uncontrollable wind.

5 comments:

  1. What a grand adventure! You look so much like your mommmie in that pic of you and your ponytail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous31/3/10

    I have those same type of bubbles AND a buzz lightyear kite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing RJ didn't fly away on the end of that kite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the family picture! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete