As of now RJ is the only child.
If she keeps at it, she will forever be the only child.
**** Disclaimer: I love my sweet little one. She is truly the apple of my eye. I am thrilled to be a stay-at-home mom and wouldn't trade it for millions. Please hear me out. I am frazzeled today.****
Mommyhood is sometimes frustrating.
I had a fantastic picture of being a stay-at-home mom in my head. It was full of baking goodies, frolicking through the daisies, and sweet cheeked kisses all day long. It involved having a spotless home, heavy-starched shirts, and a sweet kiss to welcome home the Preacher Man after a day in the office. Although, all these things are part of my days at home it's just not as calm and surreal as I had once imagined....
No one told me that toddlers only pick up after themselves when they've dropped their cookie in the most undesirable places. And, when I signed up for Mommyhood I didn't take into consideration that there is always a possibility that the Preacher Man won't be home at five o'clock for supper every night. And, I had no idea that baking with a toddler meant hurry, stir it, before your precious child eats the raw eggs out of the bowl. Most days feel like a whirlwind....
The truth is being a stay-at-home momma is hard work. It's not playing peek-a-boo and dressing dollies all day. There are days that are just as stressful as if I were to be employed outside the home.
And, then the question is asked, "RJ is two, when are you going to have another one?"
Another one?
Seriously?
Folks, I'm done. (Wink, wink)
We are so blessed to have such a sweet healthy little girl, but (there is always a but...) there are days when I think there is no way I could handle another one. I know millions of moms do it every day. They juggle two, three, four, and maybe more kiddos all while running errands, doing laundry, and cooking three meals a day.
But, how?
I seriously have no idea in this stage of mommyhood. My toddler who has been said to be going through the "Only Lonely" stage is quite enough for me. There are good days and there are not-so-good days. There are fun days and then there are pull-my-hair out days.
Does it get better?
Is the second child easier? Are they more laid-back, relaxed, and calm? I know, I know every child is different, but is there any way I could put my order in now for a calm, cool, and collective child?
Phew.
Thanks for listening.
Dad.
4 years ago

Oh dear, one of those days, huh? We've all been em, so hang in there! Seeing that I had two at once, I don't have any advice when it comes to adding to the family (and, yes, when my girls were two people asked me when we were having more! Seriously, people!). I'm pretty sure you & Preacher Man will know when the timing is right - if it's ever right. But most importantly, and you know this, God knows what you and your dear family can handle. Hang in there, Amber! You're a gem of a mom and Ruthie is beyond blessed to have you!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, when I read your title I thought you were talking about a Bible study. We just finished The Frazzled Female and Victoriously Frazzled at church on Wednesday nights. You should check em out!
Oh, and one more thing, thank you so much for your encouragement on my blog. It means so much to me! Love ya!! Ok, this is long enough. I'm finished now! ;)
That was supposed to say "we've all had them". I guess I wasn't finished! Ha!!
ReplyDeletePaul and I were so content with on child. With all the travels we did, one was easy. It was just the 3 of us and it seemed right. I was content with one for years. I figure if I had a second I'd like it to be about 4-5 years apart. This way When Autumn went to school I could give the same amount of attention to the new baby and not miss everything and enjoy with thing like i did with Autumn.
ReplyDeletesoooo, 6 years, 3 months and 1 day later!! Lillie came. We honestly had Lillie for Autumn. Felling the responsibility for if something every happened to us Autumn would has someone to share tough decisions with and she would'nt be alone. With this being said I prayed for another girl because I knew the age difference might be a problem when they were younger but a sister is a sister no matter how many years apart you are. Well and beside I have no idea what I'd do with a boy! lol
I can tell you pros and cons with the large gap in between, but i love both those girls! I must say if I had Lillie first, I'd never had a Autumn :D That little one is my challenge!! lol
Hang in there tomorrow is another day... and the next stage is around the corner.
excuse my type o's I didn't read through the post!
ReplyDeleteBut. You have to give my future daughter a husband. Remember??
ReplyDeleteI'm not gonna lie, it is so tough to be a mommy of two active little boys and I don't see my near future getting any easier! But you have to think that if you have another baby the little one will not be into the cookie jar from the moment you get home. At first the baby sleeps and you sleep, after a month or so, the baby sleeps and you play with RJ and clean and cook when you can. You grow into two babies just as you had to grow into the first baby. Your house won't always be nice and clean and Preacher Man might have to wait a couple extra hours for dinner...but you'll survive just like every other mom. It will always be an unforgettable adventure! When they are in college and out of the house then you can worry your pretty little head about a clean house!
ReplyDeleteYep. I had a "pull-my-hair-out" day today. Oh gosh.
ReplyDeletehang in there momma! Your a wonderful normal momma who has the feelings we all feel!!!
ReplyDeleteYour so blessed!