Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am Blessed...

I am a night blogger.
I blog with everyone tucked away in bed, a quiet house.
As I sit here tonight my thoughts go directly to thankfulness. Our family is so blessed.

When I open my fridge, this is what I see:


Being the Mrs. Preacher Man in a small town equals lots of home grown eggs. This is sooo wonderful because we use a lot of eggs around this household! I am blessed.

When I open my eyes each morning, this is what I see:

A wonderfully thoughtful Preacher Man, who gave the ornery Princess a bath while I watched American Idol. I am blessed.

When I get frustrated because picking up after a two-year old seems endless, this is what I see:


A sea of baby dolls. More than any little girl truly ever needs. I am blessed.

Now, I do not equate "things" as a significance of being blessed, but this was a small portion how I could express what I am feeling tonight.

As I process my day and all that goes on...
As I consider the good health of my family...
As I see the ways the Lord is continually working in our lives...
As I physically see prayers being answered....
As I dig into God's Word and dive into His precious truths...

I just have so much to be thankful for.
And, tonight I am just that...
Truly thankful.

No petty frustrations.
No excitng new recipes.
No toddler hilarities.
Just pure thankfulness.

Thankful that I am a mommy.
Thankful that I have food.
Thankful for my Preacher Man.
Thankful that I have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Thankful that He sacrificed His life for me.
Thankful for His Precious Word.

Thankful.

5 comments:

  1. Thankful for my BFF Whitney because she's thebomb.com. Thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile. Your posts are such a sweet glimpse into the life of a pastor's home. I was a preacher's kid so I know what life can be like. There are many great things about it and some not so great things. But, all in all, Ruthie is a lucky little girl to be right where she is.

    I left an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, Amber. Very heartfelt. It's good just to sit back and take a moment to "count our blessings". I know I don't do it as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the thankfulness reminder. We all need to be thankful every day. And I am thankful you are part of my life.

    ReplyDelete