There are things that go on in the parsonage that are... well, unexplainable. Questions left unanswered and objects that remain unseen. I could blame these circumstances on a wide variety of things. However, I believe in this mystery there is only one to point my finger at...
I know, she looks sweet.
But, I have reason to belive that she is the culprit of the missing pillow.
Dun, dun, dun....
You see, it was a lovely day outside. I was in the cleaning mood. I began to fill plastic bags for donation to the Goodwill Store. I was busy, not paying attention to every move my toddler made.
And, she knew it.
She acted innocent. She was playing well by herself which is very unusual. She toddled around everywhere going through my keep piles. I just didn't see it coming...
The next day I loaded up my give away pile and headed to the donation center. I happily toted my bags inside knowing that someone would put them to good use. RJ never said a word. She just smiled her sly smile. (or at least that is the memory I have in my head)
None of this made sense until a week later.
I was making the bed. On the bed we have a few black throw pillows. Like this:
However, for the last week I had been missing one of those pillows every morning as I made the bed. I had looked high and low. Under beds, in closets, through toy chests, every thinkable place.
And, then it hit me.
It hit me like a stack of bricks.
During the clean out mode I caught RJ stuffing things in the giveaway bags from the bed. It didn't bother me because she was being so good. I knew I could just go behind her and remove all that she had put in. I did just that as soon as she left the room.
The mystery is from this point on.
I have no further evidence to accuse my little villan but I am just sure that somehow she came back in and put one of my decorative pillows into the give away bag. I just don't know how she managed it with my eagle and keen sense of decorative pillow safety. It just goes to show you that you can never let your guard down with a two-year old. Just when you think you've got it all worked out, they throw a curve ball.
It's a mystery I tell you.
An unsolved mystery.
Dad.
4 years ago

She loves to give! :-) Or she's angling for her own episode of unsolved mysteries.
ReplyDeleteOh that is so funny. How many other mysteries may she be involved in? Is there a Bermuda Triangle under her bed?
ReplyDelete