Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend we had a splendid visit with my parents. I can't describe to you how wonderful it is to have them in my home. I cherish each moment I get to spend with them, and I know they do the same! Here are a few pictures that describe our fun weekend!

We are in the process of getting the church parking lot leveled out and such so we have a HUGE pile of gravel in our driveway. Needless to say RJ had a fantastic time climbing the "mountain."


Of course cautious grandparents were never far behind!



I love this picture. It looks like my dad should be saying something along the lines of "Here let me help my fair lady."

She is at the top!


Whew! That was hard work!


The Preacher Man took a QUICK breather (one of two for the whole weekend) from his sermon, research paper, and studying for mid-terms and joined us on top of the mountain. We took a quick family photo. I can't believe I am hiding the Preacher Man's face. It's definitley (thanks Nessa) the angle b/c he is more than a head taller than me!

Dirty Job. Someone has to do it!


And, I have to share with you one of my homemade croissants. I know, I've made them before...but this time I tried another recipe (Shandy's the one I mentioned previously) and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD! Absolutley stunning. Breathtaking. The most beautiful bread known to man. We had such a delightful time eating them! I wrapped Ham & Cheese in a portion of them for Sunday breakfast. It was a real treat!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/3/10

    You're so welcome, Amber! I'm proud of you =)
    I wish I had a mountain to climb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, those croissants look absolutely amazing! Were they difficult to make? Please post the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/3/10

    WE had a fun weekend with my parents too. I cherish every moment with them. I LOVE the pic of your dad holding RJ's hand at the top of the mound. Olivia got really attached to my dad this weekend and my dad LOVED that. Glad you had a good weekend:)

    ReplyDelete