Monday, April 19, 2010

The New Me


I feel like in the last two weeks I have been transformed from a Night Owl to an Early Riser.I truly thought that this was an impossible task and that my body wasn't made up for morning time. I had almost given into the idea that the Lord made my internal clock to stay up waaayy past midnight and I was just fine with that. After two weeks of getting up along side Mr. Sunshine I think the change is possible.

Now, I didn't say it was a fun change. But it is very exciting to feel like I am a better steward of my day. Just have the time to sit down and study God's Word before the rest of the house gets up and having time for my morning run makes me feel accomplished.

Having type the work A-C-C-O-M-P-L-I-S-H-E-D, I feel like I should update you on how things are going.

  • I can now offically run a complete mile again. I've walked many miles in the last couple of years but haven't even attempted to run one. It felt nice to accomplished this goal. Now, I will work on numero dos.
  • I haven't lost any weight. Now, this is a bummer and not an accomplishment at all. I have actually gained a pound. I have began measuring myself in hopes that inches will be lost along with weight. I know the poundage will come soon enough and plan to keep truckin' along.
  • I now get tired around 10PM. If you know me personally, you know this is weird for me, weird but true.
  • I have began the journey of drinking 64 oz of water a day. Again this used to be no challenge, but nowadays I just don't take the time to drink enough water. I know my body needs it.
  • I have promised myself as soon as I lose my first 10lbs. I can get a hair cut. I can't wait for this day. My hair is getting too long to do anything except a ponytail. I'm not really THAT in to ponytails.
And, there you have it. My progress, my goals, and my frustrations. The Battle of the Baby Buldge isn't an easy ride. However...

I will prevail.

5 comments:

  1. Dassah19/4/10

    Mornings are beautiful!! You'll lose weight, just remember that you will put on muscle as well which is heaver that fat! Glad to hear things are going well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I'm so glad that your plan is working for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You can definately do this. An accomplishment will be feeling better - from the exercise, the water and probably eben sleeping better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job, Amber! It's such a struggle for me to got bed early/rise early. But the *few* times I've done it, I've felt so much better! It's amazing how much more productive my day is when I get up early enough to spend time with God. You've inspired me!!!

    Keep up the GREAT work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is encouraging!! I am a night owl and with my job can sleep in. I try and try to get on a different schedule, but haven't been successful. Reading your post gave me encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete