In my family it's a big deal to give homemade cards for all occasions. My mom always thought it was a little crazy to pay $4 for a store-bought card, though beautiful not always from the heart. Many years ago my momma started the tradition of making homemade cards for all occasions. The cards usually consist of a funny poem, creative drawing, hilarious joke, or meaningful scripture. No one in our family is very artsy, so they are never real ellaborate or fancy.
I thought I would share with you the card we gave to my my this year. Nothing too impressive, but from the heart.
Ruthie Jane graciously filled the pages with her artwork. She was excited she got to use some REAL markers!
Happy Mother's Day!
Don't forget to tell your Momma how much you care!

Sweet! I love the artwork. I'm with your mom--homemade cards are the only way to go! I hope you had a fab mom's day!
ReplyDeleteLove homemade cards as well!
ReplyDelete