I'm finding this to be more true the older I get and being in the position of a Preacher's Wife. I am around a lot of ladies each week. We laugh, joke, and have fun. But a lot of time is just surface fun. It's not the same kinda of fun you have with a true blue girlfriend.
I have been blessed with an incredibly fantastic BFF since the 6th grade. She has been there through SO many stages of my life. When I think back on memories of middle school, high school, cheerleading tryouts, bible studies, summer camps, crushes, dating, college, marriage, and babies, she is in each one. She is irreplaceable and I love her so.
Now that the Preacher Man moved me 220 miles away from my roots it is harder to keep in contact with this jewel of a friend. We have lives, babies, spouses, laundry to do, etc. that prevents daily communication. But, when we get a chance to catch up, we pick up right where we left off.And, I she is still my BFF Forever.
But, when we moved to the middle of nowhere I prayed for a friend. I asked others to pray for me a friend. Not just any old gal would do. Since the 6th grade I have had the cream of the crop by my side. I already had the friend of all friends, but I needed a friend like that a little closer.
There were a few young mommas in our church that I thought just might be that friend. The more I got to know them, the less we had in common. Yes, they only lived a few miles away and we had babies very close in age, but the Lord had something more in store.
Then came Kat.(not exactely her real name, but that's what we'll call her)
Kat is the most bubbly, kind person you will meet. She has a heart of gold, she is much like my true blue BFF. The more I got to know Kat the more I enjoyed being around her. She's fun, she's the girl with all the great ideas, and she isn't afraid to tackle anything. She looks for best interest of others and she gets the "phileo" kind of friendship. I just love her!
This last week the Preacher Man hacienda has been a bit under the weather. It started out with Miss Ruthie Jane. She hadn't been feeling 100% for about a week, then after all the hustle and bustle stopped I too came down with some rough head cold/allergy whatever stuff. I was down for a few days and during that time I found out what a real treasure I had in my friendship with Kat.
After knowing I didn't feel well she texted me and said she was bringing lunch and wanted to know if there was anything else I needed from town. I replied and told her I didn't think so. When she arrived she had bought enough food for an army. She also brought the staple items like milk, bread, and eggs along with lunch and some other special treats. Not only did she deliveer it to my home, but she just left it on the porch and pulled out. She is so thoughtful! I didn't have to pull myself off the couch to tidy up the house, brush my hair, or put my make-up on to look half-way presentable. She just made the quickest thoughtfulest trip to my house and away she went.
I can't tell you what this act of kindess meant to me. It speaks volumes of Kat and her servant heart. She is truly a true blue friend. And, I am so blessed that the Lord brought her friendship to me!
Thank you Lord for true blue friendships. Thank you for forever friends. And, thank you for new friends like Kat. Lord, You know what I need in every stage of life. Thank you.


I'm so glad you have a Kat in your life!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing. You obviously deserve to have wonderful people in your life!
ReplyDeleteSO SWEET! What a blessing, indeed! She sounds like a keeper!!
ReplyDelete