Friday, May 21, 2010

Take it to the Limit

Ruthie Jane is a great girl. She brings lots of laughs, sass, and love to our home. I wouldn't trade her for the world, but she has an ornery side. Let me rephrase that, the ornery side is the largest portion of her being. The older she gets the crazier she becomes. She's smart and a very quick thinker.
For example, I don't like for Ruthie Jane to bring a LOAD of toys in the living room. People stop by all the time since we are in a church parsonage and I like to keep the living room tidy for any unexpected visitor. Well, RJ decided she wanted to string blocks from one end of the house to the other one day, and I kindly put a stop to it. I told her she must play with her blocks in her room.

And, this was a clear picture of testing boundaries.
As if she is asking, "How far can I go?"




Yep. That's her, right in the doorway. As far as she can get out of her room, yet still in it.




She sat very content in her doorway playing with her blocks. Techincally she was "IN" her room. I just don't think I am quite ready for this stage of life yet. How does she understand how to get the most out of a situation? She's a mess. But I wouldn't trade her for the world!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear! Haha! It looks like you're in for it, Amber!

    ReplyDelete