Thursday, June 24, 2010

NarcoFish

Fish Update:

We still have 3 Goldfish.

I am starting to believe that one of the is narcoleptic. I know, this sounds ridiculous. But, I just can't drum up another explanation. I have been thinking our little guy has been in death mode for a few days now. He shows all the signs of a fish about to kick the bucket. Excpet he gets weird sudden bursts of energy that leave me guessing. He lays low part of the time and the next thing you know he is swimming erratically throughout the tank. Sometimes he sorta swims sideways. And, sometimes he swims vigorously and stop dead in his tracks to just float a little while.

I've never paid real close attention to the actions of Goldfish, but I am pretty sure this is not how one should act. It is the strangest thing...

In efforts to "nurse" the fish back to health we took him out of the tank with his buddies, thinking they may be picking on him. We've caught them in the act a few times, and just can't bear to let it go on. We have now given him his own tank. He doesn't share their food or have to put up with their nibbles while he is floating like a dead man.

I'm not sure how long his little life span will be. But, I must say we are doing everything to keep this little booger alive. We almost flushed him yesterday, until Ruthie Jane stopped us. Once we hear, "Dad, NO keep him!" We were in fish survival mode.

Best Wishes Little Buddy.

***New Update***
We are down to ONE goldfish again. I couldn't bear watching the NarcoFish BoyGirl anymore. He was going down quick. And, then Boy died unexpectedly. Gobblehead is our last fish. I'm so glad we don't own a fish farm.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried the drops that make the water safe for the fish? Sometimes tap water has chemicals (I think it's the chlorine) that can slowly kill them. We always had to put these drops in the water to dechlorinate the water and then let it sit for a little while before you could put fish in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I hope RJ isn't getting too attched to the fishies? Whatever you do DO NOT buy her a puppy! Or a pony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your facebook updates about the fish too. They are so funny. I had a friend that had a Beta fish. They are hard to kill, lol.

    ReplyDelete