Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Same

Often when Ruthie Jane mimicks something I do, she says "Momma! We're THE SAME!" Lately it has thrilled her more than ever to do things the same.

She loves it when we both paint our finger nails.
She loves it when we both wear aprons.
She loves it when we both sit indian style.
She loves it when we both have the same thing to drink.
She loves it when we both brush our hair.
She just watches me and loves to do whatever I do!

I can remember when I wanted to be just like my mom. In fact, I still do! But, now that I am older I don't want to wear glasses like my mom, perm my hair like my mom, or be a teacher like my mom. I'm a little more grown-up in my mimicking style. Now, I just want to cook like my mom, manage the home like my mom, and love my sweet little one like my momma loved me!

Because we have many church shirts for camps, misson trips, softball teams, etc. we all have the same. We always order a small one for Ruthie Jane to have too. Last week I put on my mission trip shirt to wear around the house and before I could even pick out Ruthie's clothes she was digging to find her camo shirt too. We were true blue twinkies.


If this smile doesn't melt your heart...
Well frankly, I don't know what will.


Sweet little love bug!


My Girl.

2 comments: