Next week is my birthday.
I will have to admit it snuck up on me this year.
Normally I am so ahead of the birthday game that I take a few precautionary steps to insure that no one forgets what a special day it is:
At the beginning of July...
- I beginning parading around the house singing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to myself.
- I supply my loved ones with a countdown on the calendar to my birthday.
- I circle/highlight/exclamation point the first of August on every day planner, telephone calendar, etc.
- I make a list of goodies I wouldlike to receive for my special day.
I think I'm getting old.
A lady in our church asked me Sunday how old I was going to be. I had to pause and think on it a minute. I just can't remember how old I am anymore. For some reason I always want to blurt out twenty-five. Now, that I will be twenty-seven it's almost unfathomable.
Ready or not, another year of life has almost gone.


But what a wonderful year it has been! If you don't remember, just re-read all your blogs. You are one blessed girlie. Happy Early B-day to the cutest preacher's wife I know.
ReplyDeleteHappy pre-birthday! I am a firm believer in birthday month. Mine is November and that whole month just feels special to me.
ReplyDeleteI turned 29 this past June. Not quite as exciting as 19!
ReplyDeleteLOL!! U sound like me!! We are close bday buds! Mine is August 3rd and yesterday I was announcing it to my kids..."guess what next Tuesday is???"" And then I told my hubs I wanted a ding dong cake from Merritts and he should call and order it just incase they run out!! I"m horrible!!!!! But I love bdays!! I'm a little older than you....you little spring chicken! I'm gonna be 38!! WOW! Embrace it girl!! Hope you have a Happy Bday!!
ReplyDeleteLOL Believe me, the next 10+ years are going to fly by, too, and then you'll find yourself looking at 39:))) But I still love to celebrate (the occasion, not the number!)! I try to keep the partying going for at least a couple of weeks..haha
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday...soon! With all the freebie birthday meals you can get, it's almost a must to celebrate for at least a whole week!
ReplyDeleteI do that too! I ensure that no one forgets me! Haha. Happy Birthday, girlfriend!!!
ReplyDeleteI ask my husband how old I am I can't remember from year to year! One you I had Paul thinking he was one year older than what he was! He gained a whole year!! lol
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!