I know I've mentioned it before.
But my sickness is worse than ever before.
I think it's a mommy thing.
Or a Preacher's Wife thing.
Or just a crazy person thing.
Is there anybody with me??
My list making has come to a whole new level. I self-organize each week with my notebook of lists. It brings me great satisfaction. I feel like I could conquer the world. You think a Preacher's Wife could be the next Super Hero?
My two newest lists have been inspired by my fellow Preacher Wife friend at My Blessed Life and Martha Stewart.
Each week Mrs. Lora has her Menu planned by Monday. She has a weeks worth of meals lined out to be in prepration for whatever the week may bring. This inspired me to do the same. It has been wonderful! I don't know about you gals but supper time is something that takes me by surprise every day. It's like I get busy doing housework and then look up and it's 3 o'clock and supper should be ready by 5. I frantically race through the kitchen to begin thawing meat out to prepare for supper and trying to figure out what sounds good to go along with it.
It's been great relief and wonderful for the budget to plan my meals and not just serve whatever on the whim. I've even been more aware of the foods we eat and working hard on conquering the challenge of trying out new foods!
So, here is this weeks Supper Menu:
Monday: Bonless Chicken & Fries (it's just me & RJ on this day)
Tuesday: Wild Rice stuffed Pork Chops with Apricot galze & Green peas
Wednesday: Church Meal
Thursday: Meatloaf, Macaroni and Cheese, & Green Beans
Friday: Steak fajitas & taco rice with chips and Guacomole
Saturday: Muenster Chicken
Sunday: Leftover Muenster Chicken
I actually prepare three meals a day, so my list includes breakfast and lunch too. I didn't think you cared what I had for those two meals, so I didn't bother you with those details. :)
I know some of it has come and gone. But I thought it was worth sharing!
Secondly, there's Martha.
She inspired my cleaning habits. I requested this book for Christmas, and my mother-in-law graciously gifted it to me. I love it! I know, who wants to read about cleaning right? Well, I guess I do. I'm a glutton for punishment.
This has allowed me to organize my cleaning method by rooms so I am not running myself ragged every day making every inch of the house spotless. This has been a wonderful addition to my life. Do I sounds crazy yet?
Let me explain,
Mondays, I clean the Living Room.
- Polish all the furniture.
- Vacuum, even under the couch cushions.
- Windex windows, mirrors, etc.
- Sweep/Mop floors.
- Sanitize the countertops.
- Polish the kitchen cabinets,dining table, buffet table, etc.
- Do a major scrub on the tub.
- Sanitize toliets.
- Wash rugs.
Wednesday, I clean the Master Bedroom.
- Polish furniture.
- Change bed linens.
- Windex glass lamps and mirrors.
- Vacuum.
- Organize her toys.
- Polish furniture.
- Vacuum.
- Organize closet.
Friday, I clean the Guest/Grandparents Room.
- Change bed linens.
- Vacuum.
- Polish furniture.
- Windex glass.
- Sanitize guest bathroom.
This has been such a help to me. I know it sounds overly organized but by having this list to go by I don't run around all day and feel like nothing gets accomplished. Also, the little things like polishing bedroom furniture & kitchen cabinets don't go forgotten.
There's also a monthly list for cleaning the ceiling fans and...
Well, I've bored you enough for one day...
Happy House Cleaning!



Girl, we DO have a lot in common:) I adore lists and I have that same book...heehee Although it sounds like you have put yours to better use than I have mine. You're inspiring me now! I'm glad you're enjoying meal planning. I've been planning my meals for about 3 years now and wonder how I ever did it before:)
ReplyDeleteI'm so not even close to being organized when it comes to home stuff. I am such an "on a whim" person with chores & cooking. This post gives me hope! I want to be organized for Chris when we get married. So now I know a few things to look into thanks to you! :-)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this! I'm often in the panicky 3 o'clock what's for dinner club!
ReplyDeleteThat book looks awesome! The bulleted lists for each day would be so helpful! Thanks for sharing!
Mmmm.... the muenster chicken sounds yummy!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with the lists. As a working wife I need to be super organized. Too often if I am not on my game we end up with toasted sandwiches or pasta with jar pesto for supper.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with the cleaning programme. My home is divided into Sections and I have a routine to rotate through each one - and fit in a full time career!